Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Chrism Mass 2014

Thanks to everyone who made this year's Chrism Mass such an extraordinarily beautiful event. And thanks especially to so many of the faithful who came to the Basilica of Our Lady of San Juan del Valle to pray with, and for our priests. At the end of the homily I cited a few lines from the Spanish Poet Lope de Vega. I intersperse them here with these pictures. The English translation is my effort.




Oye, pastor, pues por amores mueres,
no te espante el rigor de mis pecados,
pues tan amigo de rendidos eres.
 
 
 
Hear, o pastor, who on loves' account does die,
be not startled at the hardness of my sins,
for such a friend you are to one who cast-down lies.

 
 

Espera, pues, y escucha mis cuidados,
pero ¿cómo te digo que me esperes,
si estás para esperar los pies clavados?


 
 
Wait, please, and by my cares be hailed,
but ¿how can I say wait to you,
if for waiting's sake are your feet thus nailed?
 
 

+df 

No comments:

Post a Comment