I was very happy some days ago to be able to attend a Pro-Life Dinner held at Saint Anthony Church in Harlingen, Texas. It was a joyful event, and I want to thank all those involved in preparing the occasion. It was not really a fund-raiser, but more a chance to enjoy each others's company. Many families from across the Diocese were present.
The occasion gave me an opportunity to make a few remarks at the outset about the issue of Religious Freedom. It also gave me a chance to say a few things about the role of the Church in society, and our obligation to argue tirelessly for the just treatment of all human beings, and most particularly to work in defense of the of unborn children.

I am afraid I am not very good at writing down my remarks in advance. Maybe I will get better about writing things down; in the meantime, technology at least makes it possible for me to offer an audio version of the remarks.You may hear the sounds of children during the audio, which to me is like a kind of music. Click on to the link below if you are interested. If you do, you will realize why the title of this blog is "En pocas palabras" is meant in a purely ironic sense,... since I do not know well how to say things in just a few words.
http://www.cdob.org/communications/audio/587-pro-life-dinner
No comments:
Post a Comment